Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Strange until the evening comes ...

I was so mad, I was truly disappointed, so tired, and I had spent too much money, far too much. We´d been searching through three big shopping-malls in the city centre, in nice company with half of our towns inhabitants, families looking for Christmasgifts, children making a hazzle everywhere...

On our way home we decided to bring some takeaway, daughter took from a restaurant serving pasta dishes, she chose one containing ham and cheese sauce. As I myself don´t want to eat meat I went to a Chinese place nearby, I hadn´t been there for quite a while, but I gave it a try. There were few vegetarian dishes on the menu, none of them seemed tasty enough, so I chose chicken with peanut-sauce, ( I´m sometimes a fake vegetarian, I eat fish and chicken now and then, providing the dish contains lots of vegetables of course) as I ordered from a Chinese restaurant it was my solid experience that there would be lots of vegetables, thus I wouldn´t be forced to eat all the chicken. :-S

As we got home we sat down at the kitchentable and opened our food boxes, was I surprised! I´d never seen anything like it my whole life as grownup woman, took me minutes to get it in to my head and come to emidiate awareness of what I actually had in front of me ... No! Not a live chicken ;-), but my dish was solely chicken slices, lots of sauce, brown as brown mud, and rice, no more no less. Not one vegetable what so ever in sight, not even a tiny bit of onion, ugh. I stared at the boxes and became totally confused and lost. 11 year old kid shoveled in her pasta, it was delicious, she said. I felt like crying.

I just couldn´t believe what kind of place that was serving dishes like that these days, extraordinary suspicious and disgracefully wretched. I felt deeply offended actually, and so disappointed, this turned personal for some reason, how could anyone expect me to eat that? Bah!
I finally made my decision, I was going to give it back. I had to do something, to calm my nerves down and to ease my disappointment, to get even. If I couldn´t have my money back so be it, I just had to give the food? ... ;-) back, it had to be this way.

So, I put my coat on, and my boots, grabbed the food-boxes and took the elevator down. I walked down town in a determined state of mind, I was going to take this shitjunk so called food back, hopefully have my money back and I was going to tell them: "This is not an adequate and healthy meal to serve, this is not nourishing enough for any human being!" ... and I did.

But it didn´t feel entirely satisfactory, I still felt sad and I wore remorse during the rest of the the evening. 11 year old daughter still believes she has a strange mother.

1 comment:

  1. She does have a strange mother, but one with a strong sense of right and wrong, which is important. She will probably always think you are strange. That's okay though. Hopefully she is learning to stand up for what she believes in, even if it's not the same exact things you believe in.

    I'm sorry you had such an unfortunate food experience. That's sad. I think I would have opted for pasta with veggies on top. If not, at least plain pasta. But, I really like pasta...

    ReplyDelete