Monday, May 5, 2008

Solemnly miscellaneous

One could attend in endless discussions about topics in blogsites, what´s interesting to read about and what´s not. I´ve tried, so far, to write about things that are not too personal, in my opinion there´s an immediate risk the text will become extremely boring if there are notes about what you had for breakfast or at what time you go to bed. But then, maybe it´s me, I´m the boring kind, not being interested in such issues. That´s what a blog is all about, it could contain just anything, anytime, and for everyone to make a choice, wether you want to put effort into it or not.

I, myself, have become a notorious blogger, I try and keep three of them alive, one jolly and miscellaneous, one serious and deep and one in a foreign language, english. Time will tell wich one of them will be the most succesfull. I guess the LB-blogg has some readers, I get reflections and comments now and then, and people tell me it´s fun and interesting to read it.

Why I started this page in english I can´t explain in any other way than that it´s a challenge, to find out if I can manage, I solemnly admit that. I will be very proud of myself if I succeed.

I fear my writings in english may be more personal than others, it´s due to the fact that it´s not in my native words, it´s naturally more difficult to write about depths within yourself or to make jokes about politicians and celebrities in another languge than your own. It takes some exercise. Have patience. In a while we will share thoughts through the world, in english.

4 comments:

  1. I enyoy your blogs a lot, even thou I don´t understand every single word. I shouldn´t have skiped class instead of playing in my band at that time... But, now it´s payback time for my soft-anarchy! ;-) Hrm... understandable english?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get every word. Don´t you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx, I feel a little bit uncomfortable with this "utrikiska", but I´m trying my best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anders, your English is completely understandable. No worries.

    Lottie, I have to say I really appreciate you writing in English. :) I get a much better grasp of what you are talking about. And, despite your difficulties, you express yourself very well in English. It makes me wonder what fabulous things you are talking about in your other blogs that I can't understand. :)

    ReplyDelete